The Board of Directors for The Human Rights Education Center of Utah, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, are writing to ask for your support. Established in 1999, HREC has provided bullying prevention and character education to countless youth and their leaders. In addition, HREC offers facilitation and training opportunities for adults that build bridges of compassion, inclusion and respect.
As a working board, we are on the frontlines of witnessing the tragic consequences of bullying and discriminatory behaviors left unchecked. Rampant intolerance among our increasingly multi-ethnic populations, school absenteeism’s, violent retaliatory activities and heartbreaking youth suicides reveal the great need for the educational services HREC provides.
Current Programs Include
- STOP BULLYING UTAH, Prevention programs for parents, educators and youth
- Curriculums that teach compassion, inclusion, empathy and kindness in schools and youth programs
- Conversational and Participatory Leadership Trainings
- Empathy and character education training for incarcerated youth
- INCLUSION ART WORKS, learning fairness and equity through the arts
- Cultural awareness workshops and breakout sessions for conferences
- Interfaith tenets of compassion, inclusion and The Golden Rule
- Facilitation of community conversations that matter
- Speaking engagements
- Community Partnership with The Glendale Community Learning Center
We welcome your invitation to provide any of the above programming in your schools, businesses and community organizations.
HREC and our founder and director Carla Kelley, have been recognized in the community by proudly receiving several awards. Enclosed is a narrative we requested Carla to write concerning the importance of HREC. We believe you will be impressed with her sincerity and passion for this important work.
As board members, we proudly volunteer our time and resources to this important organization and we are asking you to do the same. Please help us to foster community and school environments that are more inclusive and nurturing and where compassion and equality are exemplified.
The demand for our services has outpaced what we can provide without your support.
Donations can be made easily by going to our website (www.hrecutah.org) or returning your donation by mail. And/or we encourage you to make a monthly gift to help HREC sustain a steady source of income. If we can provide you with any further information, please do not hesitate to contact our office at (801) 521-4283. Thank you for your time and contribution.
The Board of Directors
The Human Rights Education Center of Utah